Sunday, February 28, 2016

New today...

-Crying when I take things away: Wessy has done this once or twice before, but now it's a regular thing.  The other day I let him gum an apple while he luxuriated in the stroller, and he got incensed when I took it away.  By the way, he does seem to have Mommy's sweet tooth.  Er, sweet gums.  Despite all my efforts to avoid giving him any processed sugars, he really does seem to have a preference for sweet things like apple sauce and tangerines.  I will admit that his breastmilk may or may not taste like chocolate at times due to Mommy's addiction to all things sweet (I try to stick to small amounts of the high-quality chocolate bars that save the rainforest that you get at Whole Foods...I swear.).
-Sitting up: He is a pro.  He is now 95% solid on this without any help.  If he reaches out reeeeaally far or turns his head too fast, he might wobble.  Otherwise, he can pretty much sit up on his own without any support.  
-Crawling: He does not crawl yet nor does he really show any interest.  If you put him on his belly and put something in front of him, he will squirm and whine and flail, but he will not crawl or make any organized movements towards it.  That is fine by me for now.  Once he learns to crawl, it's game over for ever putting him down in one place and expecting him to stay there.  Also game over for ever putting anything down on any surface without him grabbing it and putting it in his mouth (see next).    
-Grabbing everything: He will grab anything and everything in his path.  Ninety percent of the time he tries to take what he grabs and put it in his mouth.  His favorite remains taking other peoples' fingers and putting them in his mouth.  For a while, this was super cute and I obliged.  However, now he has little barracuda gums and can actually generate a lot of force when he chomps down.  Beware.
-Walks in the stroller: For a really long time, we didn't ever even use the stroller.  We mainly used the Ergo for its ease of transport and because Wessy liked being snuggled up.  However, in the last few days, I have started taking him out more in the Bob (fancy jogging stroller).  It's awesome.  I love it because he faces me and I can watch his facial expressions while I walk.  He loves to watch the scenery.  I imagine it's a vantage point he hasn't seen before.  He will look up at the tree branches passing overhead with utter awe and delight.  Just like the Ergo, however, he eventually succumbs to the relaxing rhythm of a walk and falls asleep.  

No comments:

Post a Comment