-Baby sign language: I taught Wessy the baby sign for "more." You make the sign by putting your extended thumb and fingers together like you are making a little mouth and then you do the same with the other hand and then you tap the tips of the fingers together twice. Wes's version is slightly less coordinated. He will flap his arms towards midline and smash the ends of his fingers together. He didn't make that gesture before so I do think this is his attempt at "more." I used "running man" as a reward for getting the sign right, so now he just thinks that making the sign is a request for running man. I am also trying to teach him "milk" and "mommy" but he doesn't seem to be catching onto those yet.
-Blowing raspberries: Wes also believes this to be a way to request "running man." He will occasionally imitate us when we blow raspberries, but more often he does it out of the blue when he wants more running man.
-Polysyllabic vocalizations: He has started to make inflected vocalizations. Imagine a very slurred, chirpy version of "I love you." He also believes this to be a means of requesting running man.
-Milky scent: This is nothing new but I just wanted to mention it. Wes smells gloriously of milk at all times. His breath is like warm vaporized milk, his little neck folds smell like slightly sour milk and his head has the soft, downy milky smell. He is just a chubby little milk cherub floating in a saucer of warm milk.
-Going to work with Mommy: The last two Thursdays Wes has come to work with me during didactic time. Last Thursday he slept soundly through almost all of it. Today, however, he was Whingy McWhingerson throughout most of the three hours. He was mad as hell that I tried to breastfeed him and also mad as hell that I wasn't feeding him. He was not pleased to be held nor to be set down in his car seat. I still thought he was adorable but the other people trying to listen to the lecture probably did not think so.
No comments:
Post a Comment