Thursday, January 14, 2016

Birthday presents

This pic was taken on my 32nd (ouch) birthday.  I distinctly remember that I told my residency class I was pregnant just after my 31st birthday.  At the time, the idea of having a child was exciting and somewhat scary.  But it was just that, an idea.  I knew I was pregnant from the nausea and the chubbiness, but I had no idea that it was a Wessy cooking in there.  It didn't seem like a real thing.

  Well, I can say that my milky, burpy, squishy delightful son is very real.  And he is such a gift.  I had no idea what an amazing gift it would be to have a child--no idea.  It feels like the biggest piece of dumb luck ever that I have been allowed to be his mommy.  It's like I won the lottery and was miraculously cured of blindness in the same day, every day. So I guess that what I am saying is, I don't need no birthday presents, I got my baby boy. 

No comments:

Post a Comment