Sunday, January 24, 2016
Fambly day
Today was a day of great excellence. For starters, Stevo, Wessy and I were all off work. Secondly, it was a lovely, non-rainy day here. So we decided to make the most of it.
We started out at church. We were only 15 minutes late this morning, which was not too shabby if I do say so myself. Wessy did very well and slept through the greater part of the service.
After church, we headed to Hood Mountain for a quick hike. Because of all the rain recently, everything was shockingly green and the creek in the valley was raging. Wessy loved it. He makes more and more sounds now, and while we were walking he started making vocalizations that he would modulate with every step. It was way cute.
After the hike, we went home and walked to the YMCA for a reprisal of Shrimpy Time. Our little crustacean did not disappoint--he was just as splashy and smily and kicky as he was before. Stevo got to experience the shrimpy for the first time. Quote of the afternoon [from Stevo, looking around the pool while holding a supine but curled-up Wessy, trying to get him to float on his back while Wessy was gnawing on his feet and laughing]: "Is anyone seeing how cute this is?!" I saw, and I can confirm that it was cute. Wes once again conked out in the Ergo on the way home.
Stevo graciously made dinner while I played with a reinvigorated Wessy. Wessy was in fine form, eating my nose, grabbing my hair, squealing, laughing, and shoveling anything he could find into his mouth. He eventually tipped over the edge and we put him to bed before enjoying a wonderful dinner.
Now we are headed for an early bedtime. Wooooooow. I'm not very excited about waking up to Monday morning, but I am grateful for today.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


No comments:
Post a Comment