Friday, October 16, 2015

New Today


-Sitting on my lap: Little dude has evolved enough head and truncal control to sit comfortably on my lap in a forward-facing position. It's very cute and snuggly but I miss being able to see his face.  Nevertheless, as his interest in the world increases, this seems to be a favorite position.
-New sounds: He has started vocalizing a little "oh" sound that indicates happiness and general agreement with the situation at hand.  Like if he is hungry and crying and I pick him up and start positioning him as if to nurse, he may make the "oh" sound. 
-New books: Today we went to a massive second-hand sale of baby goods.  We had no use for most of it, but I spent significant time in the book section.  I went overboard buying him a lot of books.  I've been remiss about doing lately, but I want to start reading to him more.  We are trying desperately to limit the number of plastic widgets he has in his possession, but I am okay with having almost infinite books on the shelf.  I want him to be able to go up to the shelf and feel like he can grab any book and always feel like there is more to read.  I also bought some more Spanish-language books in preparation for when Geraldine comes.
-Grabby: He has started not just reaching for things but grabbing them.  He grabbed a plastic bag today while we were changing his diaper and he has been grabbing my hair a lot.  Just a minute ago he grabbed my sleeve.  It seems like such a simple human movement but it is a sign of his emerging personality, a crude way for him to begin to communicate his wants and needs with us.  But in the course of the grabby-ness, it has become clear that he needs to go back to the baby nail salon ASAP.  
-Laughing: Laughing more loudly and predictably at: when you make "bicycles" with his legs, the motion of his Abomination, the dog and Acid Turtle.  


No comments:

Post a Comment