Sunday, September 6, 2015

Wes goes to church

We go to an Episcopal Church downtown.  We started going there when I was around 34 weeks pregnant (I think).  Wes made his first appearance at church when he was a week and two days old and has gone every week since then.  He customarily goes in the Ergo so the smitten old ladies don't try to touch and kiss him (We are not heartless, just worried about germs. NO TOUCHING.)  Just like at the gym, if we (I) get him good and tanked up with milky before he goes, he will sleep through it.  Here he is singing a hymn with daddy: 

Wes is due to get baptized next week.  This is something I wasn't sure was important to me during my pregnancy but now that he's here, it seems very important to do it.  We are very glad to have found a church and want Wes to feel like he is part of a supportive spiritual community.  

No comments:

Post a Comment